Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Another Check Mail day

It's only 8:45 and I've already been hitting the 'check mail' button to see if anyone loves me. So far? Nada. I have a feeling this is going to be a long one...

Is there a job out there that would be so all encompassing that I'd rarely look up from what I was doing, and before I knew it, it'd be well after 5 and I'd have no idea where the time went? A job that I absolutely loved and couldn't wait to get back to every morning? A job that paid enough to support me, my bills, and my endless array of hobbies but still gave me time enough to enjoy life? Sigh. I sure hope so.

I know for certain it's not my current job. You know, the one where I sometimes struggle to stay awake even though I had a good 8 hours of sleep the night before? The one that on occasion makes me seriously consider throwing a telephone out the front glass windows? The one that sometimes takes every ounce of my self control not to tell people where to go when they come up to my desk and ask me to drop everything I'm doing to make a copy for them? Yes. That's the one.

Now, don't get me wrong, the people here are generally fantastic, as are the benefits and the pay for what I do—which I'll admit, on some days, is not much. I'd rather work at a mundane job with people I admire and have fun with, than work at a job I love surrounded by people I hate. I think. I'm just at that point where I feel like my brain is dying a little more every day, not to mention that piece of paper I paid highly for (and continue to pay for), well, it's not getting much use.

I used to have a job that I loved. I worked long and crazy hours, but my boss was great and I seemed to learn something new every single day. It also taught me a lot about owning and running a small business, and whenever I decide to venture out and do that, I'll have a lot of the tools I need to succeed. But I'm not quite ready for that yet.

So what am I doing about this? Well, I've updated my resume and I'm on the prowl for bigger and better things. I applied for an event coordinator position at ACU last week—which I think I would be fantastic at. Design and plan parties for a living? Yes please! So if you read my little rants, raves, and craziness, I'd appreciate your prayers as I attempt to reinvigorate my brain and start loving my job again.

0 comments: