Friday, September 12, 2008

The heebiejeebies

It was just another quiet lunch hour here at the workplace. Something, however, was causing the hair to raise on the back of my neck. I glanced over my shoulder, and there, resting on the ceiling entirely too close for comfort, was a GIANT roach. He was watching me. It was freaking me out. He was too far away for the RAID to reach, and I wasn't sure what I was going to do. It doesn't make for a pleasant work environment when you keep having to look up over your shoulder and see if the vile creature has inched any closer to you.

Luckily, I have a rather agile CFO who is a bug killing machine. He found the nearest ladder and broom and swept the devil bug off the ceiling (I at this point was standing as far away as possible, RAID can in hand in case he landed in a 10 foot radius of me). The ginormous roach of death was hanging onto the broom for dear life, so I skittered out of the way as Bob neared the trash can. My eyes grew wide as I wondered if he would just leave the horrible insect to find his way out of the trash can and torment me again, but to my great satisfaction he turned the broom over, grabbed the nearest piece of paper and squeezed the final breath from the evil spawn.

CFO 1
Roach 0

Hooray!

0 comments: