Thursday, January 22, 2009

On Hemingway

This week's review: The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway. I enjoyed the candor between the characters, the interesting situations they got themselves into, the amount of not working that took place (I'm definitely jealous of that), and the implied 'relationships' between the female lead and all of the male characters.

By far, it was MUCH better than Catcher in the Rye, though not nearly as funny.

Next book on my list: Light in August by William Faulkner

It will likely be a few weeks until my next review. I read fast, but I also have a life.

Speaking of which, I am headed to Dallas this weekend to see Brett Dennen and Erin McCarley at The Loft. I'm excited! Not only do I get to hang out with good friends (yay Audra, Becky, Christy, and Nicole!) that I don't see nearly enough, I also get to see two great musicians. Woohoo!


----------------
Now playing: Andrea Bocelli - Ama Credi E Vai (Because We Believe)
via FoxyTunes

0 comments: