Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Before & After: Coat Rack

Hopefully this will be the first of many before&after/DIY projects on my blog. Yay!

I bought this lovely thing at a garage sale for $1. Yes, one whole dollar. I've been thinking about a fun way to display all my hats (and have them within reach).

First, I took off all the hardware and then sanded the board. I spray painted the hangers and screws a lovely matte white. While waiting for the first coat to dry, I painted the board using a tiny sample bottle of Glidden, can't remember off-hand what the color was (other than a gorgeous shade of dark turquoisey goodness). I rubbed it in with my hands to create a vintage feel, then I accented it with some paint that was leftover from our kitchen remodel. I used D-hangers, wire, and picture hangers (that hold up to 50 pounds) to mount it on the wall. And voila! The finished product:

It adds visual interest to the kitchen. I like it!

2 comments:

just me said...

i guess today was a project day for everyone! so very cute !

Leslie Hutchins said...

Love your project.