Friday, October 22, 2004

Baltimore--Part Two

Actually, this part is about Washington D.C. So if you've come to read more about Baltimore, um, tough cookies.

So Sunday, we drove about 20 minutes, parked the car, and took the Metro into Washington D.C. Wow, its amazing. We walked down the National Mall (I wanted to yell "run forrest run" so bad, but bit my tongue.), and past the Washington Monument. Our first stop was the Holocaust Museum. There was so much to see there, and it truly put a bit of a damper on our morning. Honestly, how did all of that happen? Man, we're lucky.

Next we took the Metro to Chinatown and had lunch, they had great hamburgers! J/k, we had Chinese food and it was fabulous! Then we took the Metro to Union Station, and that was super cool. I bought my Mom some Bush buttons there. We hopped on a tour bus (and yes, we hopped) from there. Larinda was cool enough to keep her passes from last time and we kinda snuck on with those and didn't have to pay again. Woohooo! Got to see the Capitol Building and then we realized the bus wasn't going to the White House, so we got off and walked a few blocks to the White House. We had our picture taken by another tourist, who had a thick English accent. So instead of saying cheese, or counting to three, he says: "ready...steady...go!" (we thought that was funny---especially Larinda, she's crackin her crack in the picture). By the time we left there, we had to book it back to the Metro to get back to our car so we could take Loza to the airport.

D.C. was awesome, I wish I had a couple of weeks to spend up there. That's really the only way you can see it all. Check out the pictures below.

Monday, Larinda and I went to this HUGE outlet center, Arundel Mills, and shopped till we dropped. Literally. I flew back to DFW Monday night, and because of stupid airline mistakes, got to stay the night in DFW and fly back Tuesday morning. This was really cool though: they put me up at the Holiday Inn, shuttled me back to the airport in the morning, gave me $15 for dinner/breakfast, and a $200 voucher for American Airlines. (Vegas anyone?) AND I got to hang out with these two crazy ladies. They had just been to Portland with their husbands (who are twins). So they sent their husbands back home on the plane and stayed the night in DFW. They were hilarious---told me they hoped I was nicer than them when I got to be their age. ha ha ha.

Anyways, that was my adventure to the northeast. Super fun times! It was so good to spend time with Lari and Loza. Miss you girls!

Until next time...