Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Butt=Kicked

Went to the advanced class last night for the first time. I won't lie, I was scared. Especially when Sa Bum Nim started the class with 25 jumping jacks. We usually do 50. That meant that this was going to be a hard class. Yay (insert sarcasm here).

There are forms for each belt level. I'm a brown belt, which means I know 5 forms. We motored through them so quickly I was getting dizzy, and was definitely out of breath. After that we did kicking skills (hook kick, roundhouse, spin kick, inside and outside kicks). Then it was on to falling (which pretty much rattles your insides, and gives you bruises--or maybe it's just me?), and after that some gymnastic stuff. Cartwheels: regular, one-handed, and no-handed. I can do a one-handed cartwheel on the right side, but I"m not quite brave enough to attempt the no-handed.

It was an amazing class, I enjoyed it SO much more than the regular class, even though it seriously kicked my butt. I'm a bit sore today, and will probably be worse tomorrow. Bring it on!

0 comments: