- Painted the upper half of my bedroom (above the paneling) a gorgeous dark teal color (semi-gloss). It's Ralph Lauren's Vermeer, VM130.
- Painted my dressing room a pale shade of pink, Behr's 150E-1, Delicate Blush.
- Dad pulled the carpet and tack strips in all 3 bedrooms, HOORAY!! The floors are in pretty good shape, there are a few boards that'll need to be replaced on the wall where the laundry area is (must've leaked at some point), but I'm confident that I can sand 'em and stain 'em myself, with the help of this lovely lady.
- We loaded all of the carpet and pad into the truck and dumped it, it was GROSS.
- Put up a shelf in the laundry room and moved my washer and dryer from storage in there (sooooo good to have clean clothes!) I'll post photos of that when it's all finished.
- The DIRECTV guy came and installed my satellite. And again, HOORAY! I've got more than 6 channels! However, they don't offer local channels in my area, so I had to file a waiver or something in order to get NY or LA stations. Weird. But yay, I have TV again!
I'm nearly done painting, just a few things here and there that I need to finish.
- Paint paneling with white semi-gloss (hopefully this will only take 1 good coat) and fill in the cracks between the panels.
- Stencil the upper walls in my bedroom (and find a stencil) in Ralph Lauren's Impressionist, VM129.
- Touch up ceiling and trim, everywhere.
- Paint neighboring west wall in the living room green.
And on a non-house related note, the singing group I'm in (Cornerstone) got to sing the national anthem on Saturday at the Ruff Riders game. It was SO FUN, and one of the 30 before 30 things I got to check off my list (which I'll be sharing in a post soon). A busy weekend, but a productive one (with some fun stuff thrown in).
Now back to painting…