Monday, November 15, 2004

"Rain, rain, go away..."

So there is definitely something to be said about a rainy Sunday afternoon. But when that rainy Sunday afternoon is preceded by a rainy Friday and Saturday, and followed by a rainy Monday, well kids, that just stinks!

Today has definitely been a Monday. Out of my mind busy this morning, no lunch till about 4, and a lovely hour and a half at the washateria. I'd never been to this particular laundromat before, and let me just tell you folks, sometimes watching people is more entertaining than just about anything. Seeing how people sink into their own little worlds, listening to little children run wild while their parents hardly seem to notice, and realizing that the more you watch that little light on the washing machine, the slower it seems to go.

Anyways...back to more fun things. Saturday was Jamie Hooten's birthday, the big 2-4. (Which I too will be turning in a few short weeks *insert old joke here*). Becky and Emily both came up for the soiree, joining Jamie, Harry, Alex, and myself for a lovely evening of delicious food and fabulous entertainment. Although I did not get to partake in the musical festivities for long, I know it was all kinds of wonderfulness. And yes, the rumor is true: Emily and I will be auditioning for Nashville Star. We're both submitting videos, and going to the audition at Billy Bob's in Ft. Worth next month. Yay for musical embarrassment! ha ha ha.

I wanna give a shout out to my Sooners up in Norman: 10-0 BABY!! Orange Bowl here we come!!! *cue the band* Boomer Sooner, Boomer Sooner...


0 comments: