Wednesday, April 30, 2008

NYC--Day Three (part one)

We got up early on Friday and made our long journey to The Cloisters (which is in upper Manhattan). We had to change trains in the middle of Spanish Harlem, which was a bit scary because when we stepped off the the subway, there was absolutely nobody else in the station. Here we are looking frightened...haha.

Once we got there, we waited on Bonny for a little while, as she got out at the wrong stop and had to walk up a giant hill to get to us. All I have to say is: Can you hear the children? Hehehe.

The flowers around the area were absolutely gorgeous, I really wish you could take a photo of how amazing it smelled. A scratch and sniff photo. That would be awesome.

After we toured the Cloisters, we took the Subway down to the Met (the Cloisters is an extension of the Met, so you can get into both of these museums for the same price if you go on the same day). The Met was my favorite museum out of all the ones we went to. The best exhibit by far was the 19th and early 20th Century European painters. Man! It was so cool to see work by the legends in person. My favorite painters from the exhibit were Seurat (on the left) and Signac (on the right). Their work is incredible! I love the neo-impressionistic style, and French painters (imho) are the best.

Stay tuned for our encounter with the Pope, and our journey into the Village, Chinatown, and Little Italy.

2 comments:

Raena said...

Looks like you had so much fun! NYC is one of my favorite places on earth...had I not met Michael, you would've probably stayed in MY apartment when you came to visit ME in The Village :)

Camden LOVES "Night At The Museum". He always asks if we can go to the "Newseeum of Natural History".

Love you!

Leslie said...

I can't wait to hear more. Hopefully, sometime while on the east coast Brian and I will check out NYC. I have always wanted to go, and especially see a play, so I really enjoy hearing about your trip.

I wish Addison would have made a longer appearance on Grey's....I like her character even more. Do you know how many more episodes there are until they rap it up this season?