Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday again?

How does it happen? You wait all week for the weekend, and then suddenly, miraculously, it's gloriously here. And then before you know it, you're back at your desk looking doggedly at another 5 days of workplace bliss. Ugh.

I need a new job. I love the people here, but I hate, HATE answering the phone for a paycheck. I've turned the ringer down, so it's less intrusive, but it still annoys the hell out of me every time it rings. During this post (already), it's rung twice. I try to be as chipper and cheerful as possible, but sometimes I just want to throw the phone through the glass windows that constantly taunt me with their images of trees, sunshine, and freedom.

Why do we (phone call #3) torture ourselves at jobs we don't like in order to maintain our (phone call #4) piss-poor lives? If you have a crappy job, you are likely complaining about it at home, and it probably doesn't pay you what you're worth (or even enough to cover your student loan payments), so your social life probably sucks too. It's an endless depressing cycle.

I know everyone can't have the job of their dreams. If they did, there would certainly not be enough (phone call #5) waste management employees, waiters, and (phone call #6) retail workers. But why can't I have the job of my dreams? (phone call #7)

I'm working on it, building a photography portfolio that I can hopefully put out there and have someone think I'm amazing and wonderful and want to hire me and teach me everything they know. It's out there. I just know it is.

Isn't it?

(phone call #8)

0 comments: