Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A pigeon saved my life.

Or, at least, my parents car. Actually, to be totally accurate, God saved my life. Through a pigeon. Anyway, here's the story.

I was pulling out of the parking lot at lunch. Time: 12:58. Two pigeons are cavorting around the drive that exits onto Hickory street. As I'm pulling out, one pigeon decides to park right in the middle of the exit. I slow down, thinking said pigeon will flap his pigeon wings and fly far far away. But no. He stays. So I stop, pause for a few more seconds, and then honk the horn. The pigeon finally flies away, clearing the way for my lunch drive home. I go through the green light on 4th and Hickory, and as I am approaching the next green light at 3rd and Hickory, an older lady driving a Buick (or some other sort of boatlike car) flies through the intersection ahead of me, running her red light.

Had I not been briefly delayed Mr. Pigeon, I might have been in that intersection.

Thank you Lord for the little things, and may I never behave badly toward any pigeon ever again.

=)

0 comments: