Thursday, October 08, 2009

scrap flowers*

I'm a blog reader. It fuels my creativity. A lot. And a few weeks ago I rediscovered Heather Bailey (I bought some of her Trash Ties several months ago). She is a fabric designer, among MANY other things, and she posted a little tutorial for scrap fabric flowers. I'd been looking for something cute to put on my crocheted hats, and this was perfect!

Took a trip to Hobby Lobby, bought some cute fabric, felt, and pin backs and went to town. Here are a few of my creations. I'm thinking about putting the little one on a headband.

I'll be posting these (along with my hats) on etsy in the next week or so, stay tuned for that! If you happen to be in Abilene, you can come out to the Solid Groove Festival at Play Faire Park on Saturday, I'll have a booth there! Check out the poster here.

*this is not the fun DIY I promised, that is coming soon!

0 comments: