Friday, December 02, 2005

Frustrated

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job. Great coworkers who are my age (including my boss), nothing unethical goes on around here, we occasionally have to deal with crazy customers (but who doesn't), consistent raises, good hours, respect, the list goes on. But...

I am the office manager here. Its my job to make sure everything is running smoothly: bills are paid, overdue customers are addressed, parts are ordered and shipped, and that turnaround is normal. We've been sort of understaffed and overly busy lately, and my boss has had to pick up the slack, and he hasn't had to do the in-shop stuff in awhile, so I know it frustrates him. But its his company, and you have to do whatever it takes to get stuff done. I'm tired of nagging and complaining, I feel like I'm the wife or mother to this business. Nag nag nag, lately its all I do. And I'm so tired of it. But I feel like its necessary, otherwise customers aren't happy and business declines. How do I get through to my boss, that I'm not trying to control him or his business, I'm just doing my job? Eck, its so frustrating.

Sigh. At least its Friday.

0 comments: