Monday, January 31, 2005

road trip!

Just got back from a fab weekend in San Antonio! I drove down Friday night for Raena's baby shower on Saturday. She is due in three weeks, and she's getting pretty big (and I know she'd definitely appreciate me saying that, lol). She's beautiful though, glowing, ya know? She got lots of cute stuff, particularly the little overalls I bought her, and our Kappa gift: A breast pump and bottles. I ask you, what could be more appropriate? Yeah, nothing. Section D Cup forever!

Saturday night Becky, her Flamenco-guitar-playing friend Randy, and I went down to Austin to meet some of Becky's friends. We ate at Romeo's, which is very very good (even though the wait was long). Then Becky and I went and wandered around on 6th street. I almost got a tattoo, again. Dang it, I don't know how many times I've been in a tattoo parlor wanting to get one, and I always chicken out! I've decided this time, though, that I'm gonna design my own and take it to the Happy Dragon here in Abilene. I know they're good, clean, and maybe cheaper. That way I know its safe, and I'll have a tattoo that no one else in the world has, yeah...sweet.

Got back to San Antonio around 3:30 am. Sunday, we were supposed to go to church at Oak Hills, they were having a big service at the SBC center, but we overslept. So we vegged out for awhile, and then did a little shopping down at the Quarry. Went to Sushi Zushi for dinner, which was fabulous! Had an FBI roll--unagi eel (yeah, Ross isn't the only one with unagi), cream cheese, avocado, and eel sauce, mmmm. We also had a spicy tuna roll, some soup, maraname (I think that's what it was called), fried plantain, fried beef wrapped asparagus, and sake. It was delish (and it made quite a dish). Wish we had one of those here in Abilene, I bet it would do pretty well.

I drove back to A-town this morning, it was definitely a more pleasant trip coming back. On the way down, I almost hit a raccoon, about 1500 deer, and a bobcat!!! Not kidding, a bobcat. Anyways, just wanted to share my fun fun weekend with y'all. Hope Monday is treating you well!

0 comments: