Monday, June 16, 2008

Rant

The top 10 things that annoy the crap out of me, in no particular order:

1. When people say 'next weekend' when they actually mean 'this weekend.' If its Saturday, then yes, say next weekend. If its Sunday, its this weekend. If you say next weekend on a Sunday, I will assume you are referring to the weekend that is 13 days away.

2. People who can't turn into their own lanes. Yes, I too am guilty of this occasionally, but only in circumstances when another turn must be made quickly. Your car is capable of staying in your lane. Try it. Its awesome.

3. Popcorn chompers and package rattlers at the movie. Seriously? Open your stupid candy wrappers before the movie starts, and if you can't eat popcorn quietly in public, don't do it. Its not becoming, and it really makes me want to grab your popcorn and dump it on your head.

4. Cell phone texters or talkers in movies. If it cannot wait, take it outside. Don't annoy me by opening your glowing cell phone 40 times in a movie. And if you insist on commenting on the movie, whisper damnit!

5. The misuse or incorrect pronunciation of words. We're adults. You should know how to say these things correctly by now. If you're in doubt, look it up.

6. Work people who depend on me to do every little thing for them. I need you to mail this (no problem, that's part of my job) and make 3 copies for me. The copy machine is 10 feet away. Do it yourself. Its not that hard.

7. People who call you to see what you're doing, and then when you tell them and say they can join you if they want to, they say 'well, i'm not sure. don't hold your breath or anything. i might.' You called me. You don't have to apologize. I'm perfectly OK getting back to doing whatever I was doing before you called me.

8. Bloggers who don't update their blog on any sort of regular basis. Don't you know that I get bored at work? I mean, don't you know that I care about what's going on with you?

9. People who call my office and say, "Somebody called me from this number." Yeah. There are 35 people who could have called you from this number. I don't know who it was, nor do I care to guess. If it was important, they'll call you back.

10. People who blame the quality of a movie on the person that chose it. I didn't write the damn thing, and I'm not on screen. I didn't drag you to it and force you to buy a ticket. Not my fault.

What are your pet peeves/annoyances/things that make you want to pull your hair out?

0 comments: