Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Do a little dance…

It worked! It's raining! All the dancing paid off! That or all the praying. Perhaps a combination of both? : ) Wait, were you thinking I was talking about something else? Hehe.

Today is Wednesday, and sometimes on Wednesdays I go with Steve on his Meals on Wheels route. What a wonderful organization! They bless so many people, and that includes the people who help deliver meals (me!). Seeing the joy on their faces when they open the door, engaging in a little small talk (It sure is cold out here! How've you been feeling? How are the kids?) and then moving on to the next home. For some of these folks, this is their only interaction during the day. Just to share a piece of their lives for a few moments definitely blesses my day, and hopefully theirs too.

As soon as lunch was over, it started to rain. A steady, calm, soaking rain. That is exactly what we need! With so many wildfires in the past few weeks, this is truly a blessing. It may turn to snow/sleet as the temp drops. I wish I had some firewood!

So it looks like today has been full of blessings. I'm curious to see what the rest of it will bring. I get to drive out to Clyde after work to fix a computer. Hopefully the roads aren't icing over yet…

0 comments: