Friday, March 27, 2009

A storm of epic proportions?

That's what they said on the news last night. So far all we've seen here in A-town is a blustery north wind and a bit of mist. AAAAAAAAACK! Run for the hills! Just don't run north, because that's where all of the bad weather is. Blizzards and talk of 2 feet of snow up in the panhandle.

Everybody seems shocked at this wintry weather so late in the spring. Hellooooo, we always have a cold snap around Easter. It's just a few weeks early.

But enough about the weather.

I'm going to be a very busy girl in the next few months. I've got a trip to Houston coming up, with the possibility of doing several photo shoots while I am there. More experience, new photos in new places, AND seeing my friends. I'm pumped. Throw in a family reunion in east Texas, and then two friends getting married in May, and then a pregnancy shoot and maybe a family shoot in May/June. Yippee! I'm tired. Hehe.

Last night I spent a good two hours throwing on the wheel at McMurry. When I first walked in, I just didn't feel like I had any creative juices flowing, but decided (since my favorite wheel was open) that I'd go ahead and do some throwing. I ended up with 10 bowls (I threw 12, but two died very sad deaths-one at my own hands, and the other Jud knocked off the table). I'm hoping I have at least one uniform-ish set in there, possibly two. We shall see. I may make an appearance at Artwalk in May, depending on what kind of work I have finished. I'd really like to do some fun photos mounted in fun ways, have some good pots, and some jewelry. Hopefully the creative bug will stick around for awhile.

1 comments:

Raena said...

i just wanted you to know i was thinkin bout ya. i got your letter awhile back...you never fail to make me smile. i keep meaning to write you back - but who am i kidding - i cant even pee in peace. :)