Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Allergies or Sleep?

Why should I have to choose? I recently went to the doctor and talked to him about allergy medicine. These OTC pills just ain't cutting it. He put me on Allegra. The weekend after I started taking them, I managed to come down with a sinus infection (it still hasn't totally gone away). So I had to go back to the doctor.

Anyway, since I've been taking Allegra, I can't really say if my allergies have improved all that much. Now part of me says, 'well think where you'd be if you weren't on Allegra.' Scary. BUT, I haven't been sleeping worth a crap either. I stopped taking Allegra on Saturday. Last night I actually got some decent sleep--though I'm sure the trip to the gym and the thunderstorm at bedtime helped.

So here's my dilemma. Do I keep taking the Allegra for my allergies, and just hope that the sleeping thing works itself out, or do I ask about another medicine? Several of the prescription allergy meds claim to be effective for 24 hours, which I think is why I'm not sleeping well. Will one pill be better than another?

Or should I just go invest in a super comfy soft mattress and quit whining?

Sigh. I just don't know.

0 comments: