Friday, May 16, 2008

Finally Friday....lalalala.

I'm feeling better today, probably operating at about 70%. If I'd been able to go to sleep last night at a decent hour (which resulted in NOT wanting to get up this morning), I'd be better. But oh well. Its FRIDAY.

Got a crazy busy Saturday ahead of me, but I'm very excited. My friend Carol has a sister that's getting married this summer, and she asked me to do her bridal portraits. Yay!! I'm very excited...all the different cool places to go (yes, even in Abilene). MAN. Hopefully she's willing to trust me. I might be crazy.

I'm also doing some prom photos for one of the accounting girl's daughters. Bonny has agreed to be my sidekick, which I'm very thankful for. She's got a great eye.

I get to use my new camera this weekend...WOOHOO! I got a Sony a200 last week at Circuit City. I've been researching for weeks, trying to figure out what will work best for me. I looked at the Nikons, I looked at the Canons, and I just decided that I really loved my Sony CyberShot. It takes amazing photos, especially for a 5.1. I went with a Sony. So far I'm very pleased, its light and well-balanced, easy to maneuver. I'm not extremely impressed with the stock lens (my 5.1 had a 12x digital zoom), but that's to be expected. Gotta save up for really great lenses.

On another artistic note, I've been itching to get back in the studio and start working on pottery stuff again. Its been a little over a month. I've got several pieces in my head that I want to make, and I've got a bunch that I need to glaze. Maybe tonight. I'm going to be the "Featured Artist" at the Cockerell Gallery again next month, which is very exciting. I've got a few more photos to put up, but I'd really like to have some new pottery pieces as well. Maybe a painting. Who knows...

1 comments:

Leslie Hutchins said...

That's so exciting. Once we stop spending all this money for moving costs, etc. I hope to get a new camera as well. Can't wait to see some of your pieces!

Leslie