Wednesday, November 09, 2005

At a loss...

What can I talk about today that's somewhat interesting or funny...

Perhaps we should discuss the Texas election results from yesterday? Nah, everyone expected #2 to pass with flying colors. What about the steadily decreasing price of gasoline? Exciting, yes! Interesting or funny? Not so much. Oh! I know!! I don't think I've talked about my crazy martial arts skills in awhile. Yes!

For those of you who don't know, I am a student of Kuk Sool Won. It is a Korean martial art that "covers the entire spectrum of established Asian fighting arts and body conditioning techniques, as well as mental development and traditional weapons training." We do a lot of kicking, punching, joint-locks, throws, and forms (which are my favorite). We've also done a little weapons training, which is really fun too. I've been doing this for about a year now, and I'm a red belt (belt progression: white, yellow, blue, red, brown, brown/black, black). So I'm movin right along. Be afraid folks, be very afraid. In the past month, however, I have become quite the slacker. But as of last Wednesday, I am now back at it, which is good because we have our mid-quarter stripe testing next week. Hopefully I'll be ready for it! Man, Monday's class kicked my rear!! Well, actually, if you wanna be completely accurate, it kicked my ankle. It still hurts! I'm not hobbling around anymore though, no more gimpy!

Moral of today's story: Don't mess with Heather. She's a baaaaaad mamma jamma.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

baaaaad maaaaammma jammmaa... I thought I was the only one that said that, but I think you deserve it more.