Friday, October 17, 2008

Indiana

This has been the year of traveling for me. First was a rather impromptu trip to New York City in April, then came a road trip to Florida in July, and now, in October, I'm heading to Indiana. That's craziness!! Mom and Dad headed out today, they're driving and will pick us up from the airport in Indianapolis tomorrow afternoon. Leslie is flying from Lawton and I'm flying from Abilene. We'll meet up in DFW and fly to Indy from there. We're going up to spend time with my grandparents on my Dad's side. It's been quite a while since I've been up there. My grandpa isn't doing too well, and we decided a family vacation would be a great idea.

I'm looking forward to spending time with family that I rarely see, experiencing a real 'fall' season in the northeast, wearing hats and scarves and other fun cold weather clothes, and getting away from Texas for a few days. So expect a LOT of photos of fall foliage when I get back. You've been warned.

On another note, big game in store for Texas tomorrow as they take on a scorned Mizzou. Granted, they are playing in Austin, but hell hath no fury than a team beaten by Oklahoma State. Believe me. My boys are playing Kansas up in Norman, and I'm afraid for Kansas. We too have something to prove this week. GO MIZZOU! (sorry Mom) and BOOMER SOONER!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to go to see your other g-parents. Looks like you had a great time. come see us--house should be fixed back up in a couple of weeks. Ike was not nice. love ya, your H-town aunt.

Backyard Design San Jose said...

Thankks great post